Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Things that go 'meow' in the night

"Meow."

"Tallis! It's 2 am! I need to sleep!"

"... Meow."

"Ugh."

Fine. I flick the light on and look around for the wicked feline. Her voice comes from underneath me so, with a groan, I tilt myself off my mattress to look under the bed. No cat. Has she got caught up in the suitcases? I push them around a bit. Still no cat. Huh.

"Tallis?"

"Meow!"

The noise comes from directly underneath me and ... in fact ... I can feel her.

She's in the box spring.

WTF?

"Oh you are totally on your own."

The light goes out.


Epilogue:

If you could see that I'm the one who understands you ....

"Ummmhuu," I glance bleary eyed at the radio only to be headbutted by a furry mallet.

"Meow!"

"Oh you escaped, I see?"

"Meow."

"... that was a 'fuck you', wasn't it?"

"Meow."

No comments:

Post a Comment